Sometimes, a little assistance is needed to achieve the dream of having a baby.
To couples who are having problems conceiving, it can feel like failure, and seem that they’re alone in experiencing difficulties in falling pregnant. The reality is, however, that this happens much more often than people realise. At some point in their lives, at least 1 in 6 couples in Australia will experience some degree of infertility. Statistics demonstrate that 40% are due to male factors, 40% to female factors, 10% are due to factors for both partners and 10% is due to unknown causes (unexplained fertility).
Supportive naturopathic treatments can assist couples to improve their own health and influence their genetic material so that they provide their future children with the best possible start in life. In addition, individualised treatment protocols work to:
- Manage specific reproductive health disorders such as PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids, irregular menstruation, anovulation, dysmenorrhea and recurrent miscarriage
- Address the diagnoses of ‘unexplained infertility’ by assessing overall health and treating any areas of suboptimal health
- Address general systemic health issues such as weight management (obesity can reduce fertility and increase the risk of miscarriage), metabolic issues, auto-immunity and thyroid disorders
- Treat nutritional deficiencies critical for a successful pregnancy, such as zinc, iron, iodine and essential fatty acids
- Prepare the uterus for pregnancy by employing the use of specific uterine tonics
A natural fertility program offers the couple the prospect of a healthy, natural conception; an easy pregnancy and labour and most importantly a healthy and happy baby.